DreamBlaster X3MB Advanced Waveblaster Compatible General MIDI Synthesizer Board
DreamBlaster X3MB is a multi-purpose sound solution for modern and vintage computers.
DreamBlaster X3MB can be used in modern computers (Running Windows XP or later and Mac OS X) as:
- A USB MIDI Synthesizer with Programmable High Quality Soundbanks and Equalizer
- A USB MIDI Interface with MIDI pass-through to its DIN-5 MIDI Port (enabling use of vintage Synthesizers with modern PCs)
DreamBlaster X3MB can also be used in vintage computers and MIDI Keyboards as:
- A Waveblaster Compatible MIDI Synthesizer with Programmable High Quality Soundbanks (Compatible with DreamBlaster X2) and Equalizer
- MT-32 Mode MIDI Playback for games that do not utilize custom instruments when using Dream CleanWave128 v2.03 and later Soundbanks
- A USB MIDI interface with MIDI pass-through to its USB Port (enabling use of MIDI emulators running on PCs and SBCs)
DreamBlaster X3MB is a small form factor PCB measuring 65mm x 38mm. The device can be bought as a pre-assambled PCB, or as a bundle with our professionally 3D printed Lego (TM) brick compatible Buran enclosures.
- Dream 5000 series synth chip with 81 voices polyphony, high quality effects engine
- Super low latency (<1ms)
- 64MB flash for professionally produced DreamBlaster soundbanks
- USB MIDI In/Out (Class compliant midi device, works without drivers on Windows XP and later)
- Analogue stereo line out with high quality 24-bit DAC
- Preloaded with High Quality 16MB Dream General MIDI Soundbank with preload options for other DreamBlaster produced professional soundbanks (Compatible with DreamBlaster X2).
- "DreamBlaster Preset Editor" tool for advanced equalizer and synthesizer customization/tweaking.
Please visit our X3M Downloads Section to download the latest versions of DreamBlaster X3MA/B Software and DreamBlaster Soundpacks.
- DreamBlaster X3MB Review by Phil's Computerlab:
- DreamBlaster X3MB Review by DOS Nostalgia: